Sunday 14 May 2017

Sunday Sundries

1. Happy Mother's Day. Here's to mothers, stepmothers, grandmothers, those who have cruelly been denied motherhood, mothers to babies who will never grow up, aunts and siblings who took on the role of mother, biological mothers to adopted babies, and all other forms that motherhood may take.


2. I found myself absent-mindedly singing along with the music in London Drugs today. If I have to have this stuck in my head, so do you.


I don't know which was worse: that I still knew all the lyrics after 30+ years or that I became aware of my singing because I was on-the-spot dancing along to it. Thankfully, the aisle I was in was empty.

3. This may be my new favourite video (language warning):


Story time! My cousin from Cork moved to New York in the early 90s for a job working on early voice recognition technology. After a couple of weeks, he was politely told that he had to stop testing the system because his accent kept throwing off the reading. I laugh every time I tell that story. (What does a Cork accent sound like? Well, I'm happy you asked!)

No comments:

Post a Comment