Sunday 21 May 2017

Highland Games 2017 Day Two

Another day down at the Victoria Highland Games and Celtic Festival. The hurling had a later start time today, so I took advantage of the extra gift of time and a half-charged camera battery.

I *knew* I forgot to do something Saturday night.

Oh well, I still got a good hour of wandering time before the battery died.

Practising for the band marches.



Caught up with some of the dancing.



Letting off some steam before the judging begins.


Tuning the bagpipes... but how do you know when you're done?


 I tried to be a stealth photographer but occasionally I was spotted.




Colours of the clans.



 Spinning wool.


Squad goals.



Floofy dog running the agility trails.



Good boys get a treat.



I found out that I hadn't missed the falconry demonstration. Two of the three falcons were molting and had lost tail feathers making the demonstration difficult for them. It was the third falcon's first time attending a festival and she was only there to get used to the crowds. It does, however, making taking photos of them much easier!



That's when my camera died.

The rest of the day went well, and I may have joined in on a discussion about approaching the GAA to start a club here in Victoria.

Happy Victoria Day weekend to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment