Friday 26 September 2014

The Reluctant Athlete: Can I Call a Mulligan on September?

Good news: I didn't regain any of the weight I lost in August!

Bad news: I didn't lose any weight in September. Well, that's not totally true. I lost and regained the same 2lbs a few times.


I can point to the facts that pretty much every weekend was busy and didn't leave time to plan for the week and that multiple early mornings + late nights at work often meant that activity plans often because 'walk for 30 minutes' because I didn't have the time or energy to deal with longer, sweat-inducing activities. But at the end of the day, I just didn't make weight-loss my priority and the results show that.


I am proud, given how some days/weeks went, that I didn't add to my weight. What started as added stress at the end of August rolled into the start of September. I was in a position where it was very tempting to throw my hands up and say "I'll get back to this after this project!" But I didn't. While I'm not going to say that every choice I made was the healthiest one - um, hello bottle of wine that is sitting empty on my counter - the majority of my choices were healthy.


I did, however, say that if I had a month where I didn't meet my 8lb goal (aim for 10lb, be happy with 8lb) I would be taking a look at where I had gone wrong and fixing it going forward. It's handy that I know exactly where I went wrong: I didn't set time to meal plan and I didn't get in all my workouts that I wanted. So October is focusing on getting those back in order.


On the work front, the crazy busy time is giving way to just straight up busy time. While the past few weeks have felt like a cascade of problems-on-top-of-problems-on-top-of-setting-up-900-learners, this past week has calmed down. While I still fully expect October to be a balls-to-the-wall busy month, it should not be the panicked-busy, short-staffed clusterfuck that August/September were.

So here's to a better October!

That sounds like a great plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment