Saturday 29 March 2014

Friday Night

On Monday, I an email exchange with my coworker.

ME: I don't usually start planning to drink on Friday night on Monday, but it's one of those days.
HER: HA! It's 8:23.
ME: I know.


On Tuesday I picked up my gym bag to get changed before catching the bus, got distracted by a question from a coworker which turned into a conversation, and 25 minutes later was setting the gym bag down on my dinning table while realising that I had completely forgotten about bootcamp.



It was just one of those weeks. In the back of my mind was the continuing thought that Friday night would mean a bottle of wine. While on one hand that was fun, on the other I found it stressful.

To most people, a glass of wine after a long week is nothing, but in my early/mid twenties I had to deal with two alcoholics in my immediate family. At a time when my friends didn't give too thoughts to the amount of alcohol they would consume on a weekend, I became hyperaware of every drink that passed my lips. I became especially aware of when I was drinking alone. When I stopped living with roommates, I stopped drinking unless I was with people.

Yet here I was, spending a whole week planning a night of drinking by myself.



Last night, I curled up in my pyjamas with my Chinese delivery dinner, my wine in a TARDIS mug, two purring cats, and Tangled in the DVD player.



I can not think of a better way to have ended that week.

Here's to a better week ahead.


Question: what was good about your week? Cheer me up, people!

3 comments:

  1. How about this? I received my Downton Abbey cookbook in the mail and spent the last three days obsessing over it. What will I make, what will Julie make, what will Andrea make? Obsess Obsess Obsess! My affliction is serious OCD. :) It's hereditary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We should start a Facebook page or something so we can get ourselves all organised for the party :)

      Delete
  2. Yes! I love that idea. Is that pretty easy to do?

    ReplyDelete