Saturday 10 October 2015

Switching It Up

My beloved trainer of gym days past is officially out of commission until, well, we don’t know. Best estimate: Christmas. Worst estimate: forever. I liked her and am sad that I won’t be returning to her even if she does return soon-ish just because three months with someone else, yada, yada, yada.


After the last attempt to switch trainers, I was a wee bit apprehensive about who I was going to be set up with this time. The fall down the stairs just before the wedding kept me out of the gym for the first two weeks of the month but I wasn’t exactly chasing down the gym manager to get a replacement once I was back.


I had nothing to fear as I really like this trainer. She’s from Brazil and has only been in Canada for four months. Her English is fantastic but she’s never had to be a personal trainer in English so she mimes a lot of movements or things I’m doing wrong. I purposely guess them wrong to make her laugh. I’ve ensured that she will never be on my team for Pictionary.


It’s good to be back into a rhythm with going to the gym. I really tried to get there on my own while I was between trainers but if I could do it on my own, I wouldn’t need a trainer. It is so easy to just say ‘fuck it’ when the alarm goes off at 5:30 and there’s no one waiting for you at the gym.

Pretty much anytime my alarm goes off, really.

I also started overusing the GoodLife Fitness hashtag #makeithappen on Instagram. To be honest, I use it mostly to complain about how early I work out. I voluntarily chose ass o'clock in the morning for my training times but that doesn't mean I have to like it. I'm off work this coming week so my trainer has happily agreed to have slightly later starts to the day. No point is getting up at 5:30 when you don't have work to go to!

And if anyone cares, Eccleston is my favourite Doctor. Forever and always.


I should rewatch the first series of New Who...

No comments:

Post a Comment