Friday 7 February 2014

Well, That Sucked

I spent most of January either sick or recuperating from being sick. While I avoided the really nasty bugs going around the office (read = I was able to be in locations where a toilet was not handy), it really sucked thinking I was better only to find myself curled up in my bed the next morning wondering why I hadn't died in the night.

Linden and Tosio, however, rejoiced in all the extra time they got to spend snuggling with the mom-food-lady. After a four days of illness (including a weekend), they looked down right pissed when I got up at 6:30am to shower and get dressed for work.

How could I not cuddle with this?

The downside to this was that I'm only 1 month into the new year and I've already missed my goal of 11 visits to the gym each month. Seriously?!? REALLY?!?! I picked 11 because I figured that even the months when I have Alumni Band practice once a week I could still make it to the gym 11 times. Mind, given how many days I felt like death, I still made it there 9 times and I always gave it my all when I did. Not too shabby.

During one of the visits, I even ran on the treadmill for 4 minutes straight. I know that might not sound like a long time to many of you but for me, I was fucking unstoppable. Or I was until I stepped off the treadmill and did my best imitation of this guy while trying to grab my water bottle.

My legs did the exact same jello movement.

While I'm not totally ready to proclaim myself cured (I've learned that lesson!), I haven't been feeling as bad for as long so that's something.

On the upside, I'm making macarons for the first time this weekend. I won a gift basket from Bon Macaron at Christmas which included a book of macaron recipes; I figure it's time I tried my hand at making them myself. If it goes well, look for a post about it on here in the future. If it goes badly, I'll delete this paragraph and deny I ever wrote it.

Question: Make me feel better. What's something that went right for you in January?

No comments:

Post a Comment